In general terms if your injury occurred due to the carelessness of another – you are eligible to make an accident injury claim. A large percentage of car accidents occur because someone was careless. Legal liability pertains both civil law and criminal law. In civil law a “Tort” or civil wrong, may be covered by insurance, which typically covers liability arising from negligent torts rather than intentional torts. Negligence is the legal term for any careless behavior that causes, or contributes to an accident. Legal liability for many personal injury related accidents is determined by this rule of carelessness, and by one or more of the following basic propositions:
- Was the injured person where he or she was not supposed to be?
- Should he or she have expected the kind of activity which caused the accident?
- Did the person who caused the accident have a “duty” to be careful toward the injured person?
- If the injured person was also careless (comparative negligence), to what extent was this carelessness also responsible for the accident?
- Did the negligent person cause an accident while working for someone else?
- Did the accident happen on a dangerous property that was poorly built or maintained?
- Was the accident caused by a defective product?
Not all personal injury claims end up in litigation or the courtroom. Often times when faced with a strong well prepared legal case many defendants/insurance companies will settle outside of court.
Experience matters, trust the Kahler Personal Injury Lawyers to successfully examine the specifics of your case and help you receive full financial compensation for your injuries.
What Is My Accident Claim Worth?
In Ontario, our courts award compensation for personal injury based on the principle of loss.
Those who suffer more significant losses recover more compensation. Future economic losses, such as those arising out of a loss of the ability to work or through the need for future health care and support generate the largest compensation awards.
Contact The Kahler Personal Injury Law Firm and speak with a lawyer who will meet with you and asses your case. We will help you understand the value of your losses and how best to recover the injury compensation you deserve.
Do you have questions?
For a free no obligation consultation call the lawyers at the Kahler Personal Injury Law Firm 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to discuss your personal injury claim.We require no up front retainer. You pay no fees until your case is settled and we have recovered your injury compensation.